A death or even serious injury can have traumatic effects on everyone in the family. It can take months or even years to recover from a severe injury and even longer to recover from the mental effects of such a traumatic experience. Serious injuries may include but not limited to the following:
- Burn Injury
- Birth Injury
- Brain/Head Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
You need more than just a big law firm to recover. You need aggressive and knowledgeable representation like what we offer at the San Jose Serious Injury Law office of Geoffrey Nwosu. Time is very critical here and we take that seriously. Home visits or appointments in the hospital can be arranged for injured clients. Personal injury clients pay no fees until we recover money on their behalf.
- First of all, do not talk to anyone until you contact a lawyer. It is common for insurance company adjusters to put their company???s interest in front of yours and try to offer you a quick settlement.
- Stop your car and if possible try to assist the injured. Do not leave the scene of an accident. Stop your car as soon as possible without endangering any person or property. Secure the service of an ambulance or telephone if possible. Render first aid only if you can and are qualified.
- Call the police. Police officers are trained to provide assistance after an accident. They can help document evidence from people present at the scene and measure skid marks. Tell the police briefly what happened.
- Identify the driver of the vehicle. In California, you are allowed to obtain the driver???s name, driver???s license number, name of insurance company and the policy number for the car, address and registration number of all party???s involved in the accident.
- Do not complete any paperwork until you obtain a counsel. Put all the paperwork and documents together and give it to your lawyers. Also refer all calls to them.
- Take pictures related to the accident. Take pictures of the entire scene if conditions and circumstances permit. This may include vehicles, home, persons and surrounding. This may be vital to proving your claim.
- Obtain names and addresses of witnesses. Obtain the names and addresses of anyone present that might have witnessed the accident. It will be our job to contact them.
- Get medical care. You must get medical care as soon as possible. Keep all receipts, instructions, and other medical or incident report.
- Preservation of item may be the key. It is very critical that you preserve the actual item that caused the injury to you or loved one. This will help in putting puzzle the together. Contact us right away for an appointment at 408-912-5983.