Frequently Asked Accident Questions - Personal Injury Lawyer San Jose


San Jose California Personal Injury Attorney

Personal Injury Lawyer San Jose California

Please note the answers provided here are general in nature, and are designed to answer very frequently asked legal questions by our clients about personal injury and accident law. Every personal injury claim is different and there are no guarantees. It will not cost any fee to call and talk to our California licensed lawyers for more detailed information. We hope that you find this website very informative. Please contact our accident attorneys & lawyers to answer your personal injury accident questions at 408-912-5983.

Q: Do I have to see a Doctor after my accident?

A: It is always advisable to consult the hospitals for a physical examination to be conducted after an auto accident. You could be injured and not know it right away. Soft tissue injuries are capable of coming up days, weeks or months after the occurrence of the injury. You may not be able to determine the extent of your emotional and bodily injuries. Doctors and hospitals are trained in diagnosis and treatment. Moreover, their documentation will be very critical if you decide to bring a legal claim against the driver or another party who caused your injuries. Your failure to get medical help may be interpreted as negligence on your part to take care of yourself or that you did not suffer any injury.

In bay area California, your automobile insurance may pay some or all of these health care bills depending on your coverage even if the accident was your fault. Your health care coverage and the other party’s insurance may also provide coverage.

Q: Do I report the car accident to the police and my insurance agent?

A: Report immediately, if possible. It is advisable that exchange your information with the other party.  If someone is injured or killed, call the police or sheriff. You must also call your insurance company and report as soon as possible. Third, each driver must report the accident to the DMV if the damage to either vehicle was over a certain limit depending on your state. Please contact our personal injury accident attorneys & lawyers to answer your accident questions and accident claims at 408-912-5983.

Q: What happens if the other driver involved in the car wreck accident does not have insurance?

A: In California, it is a law for all drivers to carry insurance that will cover injury and damage to the other party.  However, that’s not always the case since some drivers neglect the automobile accident law and drive their car negligently and recklessly anyway without proper coverage. Your collision insurance will pay for the damage to your car, minus your deductible, if you have collision coverage no matter who was at fault.  Your own policy will also pay for your personal injuries, pain and suffering under the PIP provision if you have uninsured motorist coverage.

Q: What vital information should I document after my car crash accident?

A:  The evidence listed below is often vital and important. Make no statement as to your own liability until you consult with our personal injury lawyers. The following information is very important to identifying who is involved in your accident and resolving your case:

  • Take and preserve photos, street scene of the auto accident
  • Any skid visible marks, dark or sunshine
  • The other party’s drivers license information
  • The weather condition, location, date, and time of the car crash accident
  • Other party’s involved, witnesses, and any helpful accident news
  • Description of the vehicles involved, including the make and model of each vehicle
  • The injuries that you have sustained, including any minor injuries
  • Insurance information for the other driver(s) involved in the accident
  • Ambulance transportation documents if any and emergency room reports

Please contact our car accident injury lawyer and attorney at our car accident injury law office located in San Jose, San Clara County, Alameda County, San Mateo County, and San Francisco County area.

Q: Should I consult an attorney regarding my accident?

A: Sure, it is a good idea to contact a California accident lawyer after your automobile accident and personal injuries. The auto and motorcycle accident lawyers in our San Jose, California auto accident law firm will answer any questions that you have. Your accident attorney & lawyer will assist you in investigating your accident case, determining legal issues involved and what course of action is appropriate.

Q.  Can I make a recorded statement and release my medical records to the insurance company?

Not so fast until you consult with our law firms injury lawyer. It is not easy to redact a statement once you make you make one. Injuries like soft tissue injuries are capable of showing up much later after you already ruled them out in your statement. If you forget to tell them about any injury or pain, the insurance companies will hold your statement against you. The automobile and accident lawyer at the law office of lawyer Geoffrey Nwosu will counsel and advise you through the process. Please contact our accident injury attorneys & lawyers to answer you’re your personal injury & accident questions at 408-912-5983.

Q: Do you handle work related Accidents?

 A: We will assist you with your case if a 3rd party caused your accident and injuries. A 3rd party is someone that is neither your employer nor co-worker. It is our job to fight for you and make sure that you are fully compensated for the wrong done to you without your fault. This type of injury may be fro another driver, faulty equipment, general contractor, school bus, owner, or subcontractor.    

Q: How accessible are car accident lawyers and attorneys to your auto accident clients?

A: Our personal injury attorneys are available for accident clients during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 6 PM,) or by appointment with the law firm.  You can also reach our staff and accident personnel’s through email, pager, and mobile phone. We also make hospital appointments.

Q: Do I sign the offers and check from insurance company right away?

Please do not sign the check and the offer until you understand your full legal options and right. Taking the check and signing the offer may mean that you are giving up your right to sue later and future medical assistance for your injury. At minimum, investigate and research the value of your accident case and potential future unknown injury. You have rights and we can demand it for you.

Q: Does it cost anything to consult with your California automobile accident attorneys and lawyers?

A: Not at the law office of Geoffrey Nwosu- San Jose California attorney & lawyer.  Your first consultation is free. At this initial meeting, we will review the facts of your case and your legal options. Please contact us to schedule a time for you to meet an accident injury attorney & lawyer. However, some law offices may charge you fee to evaluate your case.

Q: Can you tell me what my accident case is worth?

A: It is very difficult for any attorney to come up with an exact amount of money that your case is worth. Accepted cases go through many stages like interrogatories, written and oral discovery, investigations, medical, and technical experts consulted. Many factors affect the value of any given accident case. Our legal office will not only evaluate the facts that caused your accident but also your medical bill, the injuries suffered, the pain and suffering that you sustained, the missed fun time with loved ones, sleepless time and missed work time to make sure that we recover the maximum that law allows. Please contact our San Jose California accident law office at 408-912-5983.

How long will it take to resolve my accident injury case?

In California, most personal injury cases are settled within the first two years if they are less serious. This means that the accident facts are not confusing and liability is not in issue. However, some serious injury cases are extremely complicated and may last longer especially if it involves complex allegations of liability, causation, damages and litigation. Few may be tied up in court for a long time and involve years of negotiation and litigation. Our law office serious personal injury attorney & lawyer will counsel and advice you through this process.

Do I have to go to court and testify in front of the Judge?

While it is possible that you may have to appear before the judge, the majority of personal injury and accident cases and claims are settled before they are actually tried in court. Our serious accident personal injury law firm is always prepared to try the case from beginning to end in the event a settlement is unachievable. We will advise you on case development and make recommendations when appropriate to increase your chance of maximum recovery.

Q: Why should I hire the Serious Accident Injury Law Firm of Geoffrey Nwosu?

 A: Injury attorney Geoffrey Nwosu is an experienced, forceful and aggressive accident personal injury lawyer who will fight for you to recover the maximum amount of damages allowed under the law. Attorney Geoffrey Nwosu understands how traumatic it is to be injured in an accident that was caused by the wrongful and negligence act of another since he has been injured in a car wreck accident himself by drunk driver. Please contact our San Jose California injury attorneys and lawyers to answer your accident legal questions at 408-912-5983.

Q: Can I represent myself without a lawyer or an attorney?

A: Sure, you can represent yourself without a car accident counsel, attorney or lawyer. However, It If the other driver was at fault or liability is not certain, you may be entitled to compensation for your expenses, personal injuries, car damage, lost wages, pain and sufferings, and other damages like punitive damages. Do not fight the big insurance companies alone. They are professionals and have been doing this for a long time.  It is best to contact an accident injury attorney right away at our accident injury law firm if you have accident questions and need an attorney legal representation. There are time limits for filing various types of claims or you may loose your case.  Time limit for filings that apply to individual is different to that of a government agency.

Q: What type of accident cases do you handle?

 A: Our San Jose California personal injury accident law firm handle motorcycle injury accidents, bicycle injury accidents, auto injury accidents, fatal car accidents and bus accidents, drunk driving accidents, construction accidents, whiplash and soft tissue injuries, sports injuries, work accidents, dog bites and animal attacks, boating injury accidents, slip and fall injury accidents, sexual and physical assault, wrongful death, brain injuries, fire accidents, spinal cord injury and any other major or minor personal injury accident claims.

Q: How do I pay your legal fees to your San Jose Car Accident Law Firm?

 A: You do not pay any fee until we recover on your case. Our injury law firm will handle your California personal injury claims and car accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that we will not charge you any up front legal fee until we recover. You do not owe any money if we do not recover for your automobile, motorcycle, bicycle accident and other personal injury claims.

 Q: How much is my up front for filing fees, court costs, expert witness fees, or any other costs?

A: At the car accident law office of Geoffrey Nwosu, we will advance all of the costs including research cost, administrative cost, discovery cost, investigative costs, filing fees, court costs, deposition costs, and expert witness costs. It may be very difficult for an injured person to come up with large upfront money to fight big insurance companies and their billionaire investors. Any reasonable amount of money spent on a good expert witness may be the difference between winning and losing a case and an accident claim. It is very important to hire an automobile accident lawyer that will spend the money and fight for you to get a good accident settlement. Please contact our injury attorneys and lawyers to answer your legal questions at 408-912-5983.

 Q: What cities, counties, and states will you law office accept personal injury accident cases.

 A: Our Law Office accepts cases in cases in Northern California area and serious personal injury accident cases in Southern California area.

 Counties: Santa Clara Count, Alameda County, San Mateo County, Contra Costa County, Stanislaus County, San Joaquin County, Merced County, Sacramento County, Yolo county, Solano County, San Francisco County, San Cruz County, Monterey county, Napa county and San Benito County.

 Cities: Most of our personal injury and accident clients come from Bay Area cities like San Jose, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Gilroy, Morgan Hill, Santa Clara, Campbell, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, San Mateo, Salinas, Monterey, San Benito, Hollister, Pleasanton, Livermore, Antioch, Hollister, San Juan Bautista, Santa Cruz, Watsonville, Redwood City, Pittsburg, San Francisco, Oakland, Fremont, Newark, Hayward, Modesto, Merced, Ceres, Sacramento, Davis, and, Napa Valley

Please contact our car accident injury lawyer and attorney at our car accident injury law office located in San Jose, San Clara County, Alameda County, San Mateo County, and San Francisco County area at 408-912-5983.

Geoffrey Nwosu San Jose ca accident personal injury attorney & lawyer Disclaimer: California injury attorney, lawyer, auto accident, car crash, car accident, automobile accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident or other information present at this site should neither be considered as a legal advise nor formation of attorney, lawyer or counsel relationship. Please do not take any legal information presented here as a promise or guarantee. Contact our injury and accident law firm to discuss your legal options on your particular case. We do not take cases from outside the state of California.

Law Offices of Geoffrey C. Nwosu

1710 Hamilton Ave.
San Jose, CA 95125

(408) 912-5983
(408) 375-7703



  • CAPTCHA image
    Enter the code shown above in the box below


Copyright Law Offices of Geoffrey C.Nwosu 2004 to 2010